Warehouse Associate, Ground Operations, Chicago (Elmwood Park), IL
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
The starting hourly pay for this role is $20.00/hour. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
About The Role:
You will work directly with the Operations Manager and Ground Operations Supervisor within the warehouse to deliver an industry-leading shipping experience. This role will report directly to the Ground Operations Supervisor.
- Performing tasks within the warehouse that allow us to deliver exceptional service to customers
- Day-to-day, you’ll pre-sort packages into routes and meet delivery drivers for the morning launch
- You will ensure that carts are accurately prepared to ensure successful on-time delivery for our customers. This is the MOST critical function to the success of our operation and how we revolutionize the delivery experience.
- Work using our proprietary technology app via your smartphone to scan and organize packages, load carts and distribute packages for the preparation for the launch of delivery drivers for exception delivery to our amazing customers!
- Provides exceptional customer service to our delivery drivers
What You Bring:
- Is passionate about joining a top-tier, early-stage startup that aims to build the next powerhouse of logistics technology
- Has prior experience in a warehouse, customer service, or some other related role
- Ability to navigate apps on a smartphone on a daily basis
- Able to take direction from Supervisors and Ground Operations Lead, specifically with our sort and accountability processes
- Maintains a professional demeanor through interactions with colleagues, crowd-sourced drivers, and customers
- Is able to pass a comprehensive background check
- Able to drive a forklift and potentially or a box truck
- Owns a modern smartphone
- Is physically able to stand for the duration of the shift, move boxes up and down, including bending and frequently lifting (up to 50 lbs required)
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.