Software Engineering Manager, Ground Operations
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
About the role
As a Software Development Manager you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of 5-8 Software Engineers to define, drive and execute on Veho’s vision. In this role, you will work on applications that are critical for our Ground Operations and Facilities. These application will increase efficiency and automation that will make a major impact on our clients, drivers, and customers. You’ll be leading developers to build creative solutions for drivers, clients, partners, customers and our company.
We plan to grow our engineering headcount by more than 2x this year! This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes autonomy, solving ambiguous problems, and working with collaborative teams and diverse technologies.
What You'll Be Doing
- Leading and supporting the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
- Working with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for a variety of product lines and platforms
- Working closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Navigating prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Monitoring the operational success of production services
- Collaborating on and participating in recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding strategies and processes
- Hands-on development focus about 20%-30% of the time
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience managing a team of 3+
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile or web-technologies
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Proficient with server-side languages such as Python, Java, GoLang, Typescript, etc.
- Experience with data structures and algorithms and knowledge of relational databases (NoSQL experience would be a nice add)
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical information effectively to internal and external/non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience managing Mobile Developers is a plus
What We Value
- Human - You value human dignity and treat others with respect. You value everyone as a unique individual no matter their role, seniority, or expertise.
- Ownership - You take 100% responsibility for the areas you are accountable for, and support others to succeed in theirs.
- Team Success - You recognize that the team’s success is your personal success. You support others through open-mindedness and transparency, and actively seek the best solution even if that isn’t your own.
- Candor - You relentlessly pursue personal growth and are open & honest about your own shortcomings. You provide authentic, candid feedback to your peers, and welcome the same in return.
Why You Want To Work With Veho
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in a super fast-growing start-up
- Full Suite of Benefits - Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Team meetups, and much more!
The starting salary for this role is 175,000 - 215,000K. The actual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.