VP Topology & Capacity Engineering
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
About the role
The incoming Vice President of Topology and Capacity Engineering will be responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing the strategy that enables revenue and coverage growth, while maximizing our infrastructure. This involves creating a framework for what kind of asset, transportation and mode of delivery is used in each situation, and then driving the execution of that strategy into reality.
The successful candidate will be an excellent cross-functional collaborator with strong influencing skills, a thought leader in supply chain with functional peaks in logistics, transportation, network strategy and pricing, and is a proven leader with the ability to empower and develop strong teams.
This leader will understand the big picture, financial frameworks, contracts, and structures and how it all applies and works together. They will lead a team in accurately diagnosing financial realities, identifying key opportunities, tracking financial performance, and forecasting future changes to mitigate risks. Leveraging prior experience in managing a P&L they will be responsible for elevating financial performance
What you'll do
- Implement methodology to enhance the company’s ability to capture more value through their pricing activities, Network Optimization/Design in a high growth environment.
- Provide insight to formulate strategic direction within the supply chain function; proactively develop options for impacting financial results. Develop market entry strategies, positioning and customer offering as they relate to pricing standards and policies.
- Maintain a focus on network optimization providing proven experience optimizing complex networks for increased efficiencies and effectiveness; incorporating data and analytics at each stage. Lead network strategy efforts, optimizing the footprint to deliver service and cost objectives while applying appropriate risk mitigation strategies for all physical assets.
- Provide the leadership and direction of working on behalf of the customers and supporting the voice of the customer; brings an approach to doing business that focuses on providing a positive customer experience in order to drive profit and gain a competitive advantage.
- Work with the executive team to brainstorm and develop strategies as it relates to the supply side of the marketplace for long-term business expansion & success. Deeply understand the Veho value proposition to identify and negotiate agreements with the best partners with the highest potential and ROI for the business.
- Collaborate with Operations & Product teams to develop effective solutions for automating key processes to drive step changes in operating efficiency and for improving fulfillment quality to improve service levels over time.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous experimentation and improvement within the team.
What you bring
- Minimum 7 years of network design experience in e-commerce, including on the supplier side, transportation, P&L ownership, and 3PL relationship management experience.
- Proven success developing & managing partners while negotiating contracts to grow and support a business.
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting/exceeding targets, while building a strong network of partners, including knowing when to upgrade poor performing partners.
- Ability to understand objectives of various stakeholders (both internally and externally) to achieve the most optimal partnership for the business.
- Highly proficient at analyzing and translating data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights and business plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly articulate and communicate our products and competitive advantage to supply side partners.
- Mature, inspirational, credible and honest communicator with exceptional presentation skills -- ability to establish credibility quickly and manage senior relationships.
- Extensive leadership experience in a high-growth environment, preferably with exposure to highly complex operational set-ups and technical platforms.
- Maintains a curious mindset about other functions of the organization to drive further alignment.
- Experience or familiarity with small and medium-sized eCommerce business models.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?