Ground Operations Lead, Boston
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
The starting hourly pay for this role is $24/hour. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company. This position's shift hours are 1 am - 9 am (roughly). During the night shift, there is a $1 night differential making the hourly rate effectively $25/hour. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
Role Summary: Ground Operations Lead
As a Ground Operations Lead at Veho, you will be responsible for performing tasks within the warehouse that allow us to deliver exceptional service to customers. Day-to-day, you’ll pre-sort packages into routes and meet delivery drivers in the morning launch. Additionally, you will ensure that carts are accurately prepared to ensure successful on-time delivery for our customers. As a Ground Operations Lead, you will direct interactions with our prep, launch, customer, and driver support teams. You will lead a shared shift and ensure a successful launch/sort for the operation and through day-to-day functions. Through the use of Veho’s proprietary technology, you will partner with the dispatch teams, prep teams, customer and driver support teams, identifying re-routed packages and lost packages. You will demonstrate the ability to be an independent decision-maker who can juggle competing priorities, and complex problem solving, with the possibility of being a sole decision-maker on a shift.
A Great Candidate:
- Is passionate about a top-tier, early-stage tech startup that aims to build the next powerhouse of logistics technology
- Ability to quickly navigate technology, specifically with re-routes and other operational changes
- Able to quickly assess operational needs and work cross-functionally to ensure safety and success
- Able to drive a forklift and potentially a box truck
- Execute with high levels of customer service for our crowd-sourced drivers, customers, and employees
- Works well in a fast-paced environment that is, at times, physically tasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Is physically able to stand for the duration of the shift, and move boxes up and down, including bending and frequently lifting (up to 50 lbs required)
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?