Senior / Staff Software Engineer (Generalist)
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
About Rewind 👋
At Rewind, our vision is to free the human mind from its biological limits. Rewind records anything you’ve seen, said, or heard and makes it useful. For example, if you’re in back-to-back meetings you don’t have time to take notes, track action items, and draft follow ups - Rewind automatically does all of this for you.
The product we have today is just the first step toward our audacious vision. We have raised over $33m from top-tier investors including Sam Altman, First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and NEA to help make that vision a reality.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works. We believe the best version of the future is one in which we augment - not replace - human intelligence with artificial intelligence. This is the key to unlocking humanity’s full potential, and you will play a critical role in helping us get there. Come join us.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Great compensation: we are well-funded and pay well in both cash and equity.
- Flexible vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer a 10-year post-termination exercise period and early exercise for any options offered.
- Sell equity along the way: unlike most startups, we don’t believe in holding you captive with golden handcuffs. When there are opportunities for you to sell a portion of your vested stock, we offer them.
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location.
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement.
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico.
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line laptop with all the upgrades.
- Final week of the year off: enjoy the final week of the year off while we all take time to recharge.
Why we need you ✨
- Versatility: Your broad skill set and adaptability are crucial in supporting various aspects of our product development, ensuring consistency and efficiency across the board.
- Problem-Solving: Leverage your diverse technical knowledge to tackle a wide range of challenges, driving innovation and improving our product offerings.
- Collaboration: Engage with different teams and projects, playing a key role in creating cohesive and scalable solutions that align with our business objectives.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Cross-Functional Development: Work across our tech stack, including Typescript, Python, React, Swift, C#, C++, Rust and more, contributing to both frontend and backend development.
- Project Management: Take ownership of projects from conception to deployment, ensuring that solutions are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively seek ways to optimize our processes, codebase, and product performance, ensuring the highest level of quality and efficiency.
What will help you be successful 👏
- Technical Agility: Strong proficiency across a wide range of technologies and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and languages.
- Resourcefulness and Ownership: Experience working at startups or on small teams, taking full ownership of your work and utilizing resourcefulness to devise innovative solutions.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with different teams, understand diverse perspectives, and articulate technical concepts clearly.
- Strong Technical Depth: A comprehensive understanding of software development principles, with the capacity to make informed technical decisions and drive innovation across various domains.
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory.