Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At Luminai we develop technology to reliably migrate and manage enterprise business processes with scalable automation infrastructure, using safe and effective AI. We're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving? High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stretched thin and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
We're looking for a passionate and skilled ML Engineer who wants to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, is excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and is eager to learn and collaborate together. This is our first full dedicated ML Engineer at Luminai with a massive runway to make an impact.
This is ideally a hybrid role based in the Bay Area, California (our office is in San Mateo). For the right candidate, we would consider a remote working arrangement as long as they are comfortable working PST hours.
What you'll do:
- Machine Learning Model Development: Design, develop, and implement machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex problems in automation and Chrome development, such as natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems, or predictive analytics.
- Data Preparation: Collect, preprocess, and analyze data from various sources to create clean and relevant datasets for model training and evaluation.
- Model Training and Evaluation: Train, fine-tune, and optimize machine learning models using state-of-the-art tools and frameworks. Perform rigorous evaluation and testing to ensure model accuracy, generalization, and performance.
- Feature Engineering: Identify and engineer relevant features from data, improving model effectiveness and interpretability.
- Deployment and Integration: Collaborate with software engineers to deploy machine learning models into production systems, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Apply cutting-edge research and technologies to solve business challenges.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, software engineers, and domain experts, to understand project requirements, define objectives, and deliver impactful solutions.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed documentation of machine learning models, data, and processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and reproducibility.
We deeply value dynamic software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer, and 1 or more years of ML experience
- Proven experience at a high-growth technology company
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to wear many hats / a flexible attitude towards responsibilities and scope
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Collaborative team member: You can easily and readily communicate cross-functionally, with non-technical teams
- Leadership: You want to help shape the culture of the company and help us to build and scale a best-in-class team
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop