San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Luminai’s mission is to pioneer a robust, general automation platform for mission-critical organizations worldwide. We are addressing unprecedented challenges in browser technologies and Artificial Intelligence, seeking to develop systems capable of executing arbitrary tasks on a computer and replacing increasingly complex work currently performed manually. Major organizations in healthcare, e-commerce, and financial services currently use Luminai to automate core processes of their business.
We’ve raised $20M Series A led by General Catalyst and YCombinator. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as the co-founders of companies like Notion, Flexport, and Deel.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together.
For this position, we are only considering applicants who are located in the Bay Area, or are willing to relocate.
What you'll do:
- Test Planning and Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and contribute to test planning and strategy development.
- Work with India-based Solutions Engineers to test workflows for customers so they’re ready to shipDevelop comprehensive test plans and test cases that align with business objectives and user requirements.
- Test Execution: Perform functional, regression, integration, and performance testing on software products and applications.
- Utilize manual and automated testing techniques to ensure the highest level of test coverage.
- Identify, document, and track defects, and work with development teams to resolve issues promptly.
- Workflow Creation: Build and maintain automated workflows for customers
- Collaboration and Communication: Work directly with customers to gather requirements and understand their automation needs
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings with development and product teams.
- Effectively communicate test progress, results, and any roadblocks to project stakeholders.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement within the Solutions Engineering team and contribute to the enhancement of QA practices and methodologies.
We deeply value generalist software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or in a similar role within the technology industry.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Experience with manual and automated testing of web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 12 weeks primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Work laptop
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.