Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
At Luminai we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving?
High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
About the Role:
Luminai’s customer success team supports our customers as they transition from sales prospects to active users of our product. Our Customer Success team will focus on building close, long-term customer relationships and managing a book of business as our customer count increases. As one of the first members of the Customer Success function, you’ll play a foundational role in building Luminai’s operations and fostering our trust based customer relationships. You are expected to have a deep understanding of the product, customer accounts, and metrics of success. Our CS team is expected to meet their metrics while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers.
This is a hybrid position, with an expectation of some set in-office work days each week. Our office is located in San Francisco.
What you'll do:
- Establish, handle, and manage relationships between Luminai and all organizational levels (senior to junior) at our customer companies
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and ownership of customers’ success with Luminai measured through renewal rate, NPS and other customer sentiment metrics
- Create and drive a value realization plan for customers AND maintain a revenue base by managing account retention and renewal
- Drive upgrade revenue through increased product adoption and increased usage
- Serve as a product, company and industry ambassador, keen on educating prospects and customers on the capabilities of Luminai
- Conduct weekly, quarterly and annual customer success reports to ensure customers optimize our product/service, issues are resolved proactively and customer goals are met.
- Evaluate risk management for each customer and proactively evade dissatisfaction or lost business and ultimately drive retention throughout customer life cycle.
- Provide insight and relay the voice of customer with internal teams, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Engineering.
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on customer needs, industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
Who we're looking for:
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the customer-facing customer success field (experience in B2B SaaS company is a major plus!)
- Deep user empathy and are able to build trusted relationships with key customers that inspires loyalty for
- Experience handling customer escalations and issue resolution with retention and customer satisfaction in mind
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral, with both internal and external stakeholders, especially with C-suite leaders
- Results-oriented player-coach that can execute on ground-level operations and support team members as needed, but also rise to a higher viewpoint in order to drive the highest impact strategic decisions and actions
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it done personality
- An entrepreneur: you’re excited about building something new and unlocking unexpected and exponential value for customers
- Bonus points if you have tech consulting experience, running workshops and process mapping with senior executives
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 5 months primary-caregiver parental leave (plus part time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Learning and Development stipend
- Stipends for mental and physical wellness
- Workstation set-up stipend and laptop
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.