Senior Fullstack Engineer (Flutter / Python)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector by providing matatu owners with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel. We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Engineer with a strong background in Flutter for front-end development and Python/Django for back-end development. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience building high-quality and scalable web applications and mobile app solutions. This role will involve leading projects, mentoring junior engineers, and contributing to the development of best practices and standards across the engineering team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and implement scalable and reliable software systems architectures.
- Develop a suite of software applications for data acquisition, customer management, customer reporting and payments, and operations management.
- Design and implement reliable cloud based architectures (e.g. AWS or similar solutions)
- Develop interfaces to third-party software services and data systems.
- Deploy tools and simple processes to facilitate QA, issue resolution, and bug tracking
- Provide technical guidance and feasibility to stakeholder business requirements
- Work with cross-departmental teammates to assess software development projects, define priorities and communicate status.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior team members
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Create system documentation
Our ideal candidate would have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or four year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or at least 2 years of experience as a software developer building software at scale.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, or .Net, and utilizing external APIs for integration with partner systems.
- Proficiency developing simple mobile applications for Android OS is a plus.
- Understanding of software QA processes and a demonstrated ability to self-test and personally ensure quality for code.
- Direct experience with relational database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, etc.
- Direct experience with non-relational database technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or other similar cloud-based infrastructure services.
Attitude and approach
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Growth mindset, excited to learn and not scared of asking questions.
- Self-motivated and a great team player.
- Leadership skills with a desire to mentor and develop team members
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
BasiGo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic established by law.